Many people have a lot of myths about what being an entrepreneur is and how it will shape/affect their life that are simply not true. Opportunities For Young Entrepreneurs In South Africa in Pretoria and these are the seven biggest myths that I continuously hear.
1. Being an Entrepreneur is too risky for me.
Starting your own business in these days is not too much more risky than trying for any other corporate job. At a corporate job you can be laid off at any time, Successful South Africa Entrepreneur have benefits cut with no reason, and work long overtime without being compensated for that. If you are student as well, the risk can’t be that bad. It’s not like you have a mortgage or family to support if it fails.
2. I am too young to start my own company
Being young is not a negative, in fact in most cases it’s a positive! When your young you have the passion energy and enthusiasm that is needed to work 14 hour days day in and day out for a company you believe in. Most older people with more experience just don’t want to do that any more.
3. I have no experience
Again, Opportunities For Young Entrepreneurs In South Africa this can work towards your advantage. Your lack of experience means that you are looking at everything with a fresh set of eyes. You wont get stuck in the “we have always done it that way” kind of thinking that can stop other entrepreneurs. Running your own company will also build much more valuable experiences than a job flipping burgers will at your age.
4. It is not the right time for me to launch a business.
As a student you have a schedule that is completely flexible and large blocks of time between classes and on breaks to start a business. Campuses have tons of resources you can harness as well, Who Is A Successful Entrepreneur In South Africa so there really has never been a better time than now.
5. If I am running a business my grades will fall.
Running a business takes organization and discipline. If you are organized and disciplined in one area of your life it will probably pass over to the other areas of your life as well. Many student entrepreneurs I know actually report their grades increasing once they started a business.
6. Student businesses are just small rinky-dink operations
Some student business that started as just rinky-dink operations were Dell, Google, and Microsoft. You have probably heard of those companies right? That is because they were great ideas and hard work created products that had potential to expand from their small beginnings. Your business can too!
7. I don’t have any money! I can’t start a company
Everyone seems to think only millionaires start companies. This is simply not true. Most companies are started with the founders savings and no investment capital. Start with what you can and work hard. Things will come together if you want them to come together. You will be amazed at what you can do!
Opportunities For Young Entrepreneurs In South Africa in Pretoria?
Very few people ever got rich by working for someone else. Leaving aside pop musicians, sportsmen and similarly gifted people, the only way to acquire wealth by work is to build a business of your own. The type of business you decide upon will depend on: a) how much money you have available as start-up capital and working capital; b) your business idea; and c) your confidence level.
There are three types of business: 1) the traditional one in which you are reliant solely on your own efforts; 2) a franchise where you follow a proven idea and receive considerable training and back-up from the franchise company; and 3) network marketing.
Each business type has its pros and cons.
• The traditional business requires considerable financial input, either from your own resources or part-funded by your bank. You may need to rent premises; buy equipment; hire staff; pay for advertising, brochures, stationery, and stock. A frighteningly high percentage of this type of business fails in the first year. To succeed you need: a good idea, considerable financial backing, good health, an understanding spouse, and stamina. If you do succeed you will own the business outright and benefit from all the profits.
• Franchises have a high success rate. Banks like them because each franchise operation has a proven track record and thus the banks can accurately judge the risk, consequently they will lend money for this sort of start-up. However, all the support and training comes at a price: the initial entrance fee is likely to be very high, and a percentage of the business’s turnover has to be paid to the franchise company.
• Network marketing, also known as multi-level marketing, has many advantages and few disadvantages. The entrance fee is low and the ongoing expenses are even lower. A network marketing business can be started in your spare time – in fact that is the best way to approach it. Start small, and keep at it. The secret is perseverance, get past the first year and you should find the business has a sound foundation from which you can build a serious income. It is said that 95% of those who survive ten years in network marketing become wealthy beyond their wildest expectations.
So which type of business is for you? If you wish to provide a service or product where you have previous experience from, say, a former employment, the traditional business will be probably be the best choice. However, if you are just tired of working for someone else and making them rich and wish to strike out on your own, then a franchise or network marketing must be the preferred option.
The choice then is determined chiefly by the funds you have access to, and the time and effort you wish to put into your enterprise. A franchise will require substantial funds and 100% commitment. You are jumping in at the deep end, although the franchise company will provide training and support to help you to swim.
On the other hand you can ease yourself gently into network marketing by starting part-time while you continue with your current employment, building your business by ploughing back profits if necessary. Persevere and there will come a time when the income from your own business will be sufficient to support you financially. You will then be able to leave your employment and concentrate on your business, spending more time on it or enjoying considerable free time with your family.
Refinancing Real Estate Investments
Real estate investment takes motivation, drive and ambition on your part if you want to see your hard work turn into a huge profit. If you, yourself don't have the enthusiasm, chances are, your real estate investment days won't last long or make you much money. But, if you do, the possibilities are endless and so is your financial gain.
So, don't trust that just the location of the property is going to be enough to make you the money you've been dreaming of. You need to make sure you spend the time to find an agent that is excited and motivated to sell homes and that knows how to make you both a lot of money.
Think about it this way: if you hire a real estate investment agent that talks down about a property or location instead of highlighting its potential or good points, how quickly do you think it's going to sell? So, make sure your agent is positive and has your best interests in mind. Also, don't be afraid to bargain, negotiate or try to make deals with your real estate investment agent because you never know what someone will accept. It's always better to try than to always wonder how much you could have saved.
If you're thinking about getting into the type of real estate investment that involves fixer uppers, be careful. Think long and hard before setting yourself up for this kind of project because it is time consuming and sometimes costly. You have to make sure that your costs in this type of real estate investment will ultimately be minimal compared to your gains.
With any venture or business where there can be great financial gain, there is risk. Real estate investment isn't any sure thing. It can be a way to help you and your family have the lifestyle and kind of life you've always wanted. Don't be afraid to take the risk if you're visionary and can see the big picture.
Real estate investment can be the vehicle that makes you a millionaire or, at the very least, allow you to live comfortably. So, take the time to hire the real estate investing agent that knows what he/she is doing and is a knowledgeable and savvy salesperson. You potentially can and will earn quite a profit in real estate investing ventures; you just have to make pragmatic, well-thought decisions before you begin.
Harold D. Swannson has created a Investment Resourceful Information site
Find Hot Investment