Many people have a lot of myths about what being an entrepreneur is and how it will shape/affect their life that are simply not true. South Africa Small Business Ideas in Latest and these are the seven biggest myths that I continuously hear.
1. Being an Entrepreneur is too risky for me.
Starting your own business in these days is not too much more risky than trying for any other corporate job. At a corporate job you can be laid off at any time, Successful Entrepreneurs In South Africa And Their Roles have benefits cut with no reason, and work long overtime without being compensated for that. If you are student as well, the risk can’t be that bad. It’s not like you have a mortgage or family to support if it fails.
2. I am too young to start my own company
Being young is not a negative, in fact in most cases it’s a positive! When your young you have the passion energy and enthusiasm that is needed to work 14 hour days day in and day out for a company you believe in. Most older people with more experience just don’t want to do that any more.
3. I have no experience
Again, South Africa Small Business Ideas this can work towards your advantage. Your lack of experience means that you are looking at everything with a fresh set of eyes. You wont get stuck in the “we have always done it that way” kind of thinking that can stop other entrepreneurs. Running your own company will also build much more valuable experiences than a job flipping burgers will at your age.
4. It is not the right time for me to launch a business.
As a student you have a schedule that is completely flexible and large blocks of time between classes and on breaks to start a business. Campuses have tons of resources you can harness as well, Successful Young Black Entrepreneurs In South Africa so there really has never been a better time than now.
5. If I am running a business my grades will fall.
Running a business takes organization and discipline. If you are organized and disciplined in one area of your life it will probably pass over to the other areas of your life as well. Many student entrepreneurs I know actually report their grades increasing once they started a business.
6. Student businesses are just small rinky-dink operations
Some student business that started as just rinky-dink operations were Dell, Google, and Microsoft. You have probably heard of those companies right? That is because they were great ideas and hard work created products that had potential to expand from their small beginnings. Your business can too!
7. I don’t have any money! I can’t start a company
Everyone seems to think only millionaires start companies. This is simply not true. Most companies are started with the founders savings and no investment capital. Start with what you can and work hard. Things will come together if you want them to come together. You will be amazed at what you can do!
South Africa Small Business Ideas in Latest?
Some Hot Business Opportunities for Entrepreneurs
These days, a lot of trends in the business arena have surfaced. In a year, several business opportunities for entrepreneurs rank as the hottest. So as a budding entrepreneur, what field would you like to get into? It is believed by many that in opening a business, it must be something within the scope of your own expertise.
You need to have an initial knowledge about what opportunity you are getting into. In managing any type of business, it is a must that you exert a personal effort on it. But then as the times are concerned, it goes to point out that the business of your choice must be something which is within the trends and that which is appreciated by the consumers. Or else, you are opening yourself into some great possibilities of losing in business.
For a guide, here are among the hottest trends of business opportunities for entrepreneurs in the year 2006:
Communications Coach or Writing Instructor. Most American businesses involve the flow of communications. After all, how can a business transaction transpire if there is no communication that exists within the concerned parties? Most office personnel in America lack one skilland that is the power to communicate effectively.
In all levels of business, the staff members are asked to communicate orally, verbally, or technologically. But then most of them fail to do well in the task. They cannot even generate sensible sentences for that matter. Unfortunately though, a lot of English classes held in high school and college levels tend to overlook this matter so the graduates are not molded for these kinds of situations. One of the hottest business opportunities for entrepreneurs this year is to put up groups that would coach people in the entrepreneurial level in terms of communication. Many American companies seek the services of communications coaches and writing instructors.
Blogging. In a technologically advanced world, most information, ideas, and transactions are already done via the net. Blogging is one of the hottest and rising business opportunities this year. Whether the phase is internal or external, the blog must be well written so that it will be highly effective. Most companies involve blogging as part of their marketing strategies and if the blog is more or less poorly conceived, you know exactly what it will reflect for the company. The corporations that employ blogging as part of their businesses should provide ample training background in writing skills to their staff members.
Security and IT Privacy Consultant. For companies that mainly run technological-based industries, what they need are people who are IT competent and who knows how to troubleshoot technological problems. Since they deal much with information, they also need sufficient security. That is why masters in these matters are very much in-demand. As an entrepreneur, you can put up a business that relates to this need.
Some Construction-Related Operations. The country cannot rid of constructions of all types since it is moving towards global competitiveness. In the midst of all these constructions are great opportunities for entrepreneurs that are concerned with the plumbing, electric, carpentry, drywalling, and general contracting services.
Home Caregiving. In America per se, the aged individuals are always put in Home for the Aged institutions as their children are busy to care for them. It has been a custom to hire home caregivers for them. In the rate of employment, there are several individuals who go for caregiving since it is a highly paid job. If you may be interested, you can put up a home caregiving agency and earn much because of the high demand for such services.
Medical Technician or Home Healthcare Nurse. This business opportunity is likely related to the discussion above.
Virtual Assistants. The demand for virtual assistance is all the more increasing. People who would like to have online secretaries who can take charge of anything which they need pay much just so they can avail of the service. As an entrepreneur it will be beneficial on your part to come up with a set of staff members to work as virtual assistants.
Ebay Trading Assistants. People certainly love to shop on ebay especially with all those auctions. Being a seller in the website can invite lots of money for you.
Mobile Phone Applications. People cannot be detached from their mobile phones these days. So the demand for more advanced and upgraded phones increase each day. Outlets for mobile phones sales and repairs all the more prove to be successful this year.
There are more and more business opportunities that may knock on the doors of budding entrepreneurs. If you know how to handle a business, you will likely succeed.
How to Build A Successful Business?
Are you intrigued by the possibility of being your own boss and starting a business but not sure you have the right qualifications to be an entrepreneur? What are the characteristics of an entrepreneur? Although there is no single perfect entrepreneurial profile, there are many characteristics that show up repeatedly in successful business owners.
Following are the top 10 essential entrepreneurial traits that anyone who is interested in starting a business must possess:
- (1) Independence - This is the most common denominator of all entrepreneurs. They want to seize control of their future; thus they decide to become their own boss instead of laboring under the gaze of a master. (2) Persistence and Determination - The world of entrepreneurship is fraught with both success and failure. An important quality of a successful entrepreneur is the doggedness to continue pursuing a goal despite some setbacks and obstacles they may encounter on the road. This persistence and determination is fueled by a burning desire to achieve the goal of succeeding in the chosen field of business. (3) Self-Confidence - Along with independence, an entrepreneur possesses self-confidence. They believe in their capabilities and makes sure that they will put in their best effort into their particular endeavors and likewise expect the best results from it. Belief in one's capabilities is very important in achieving any goal - especially in the world of entrepreneurship. (4) Creativity - In the business world, you can not afford to be complacent and uncreative unless you want the competition to move up on ahead of you. Creative people are naturally curious, inquisitive, bright and highly flexible when thinking. They keenly observe their environment and have an eye for spotting new trends that could spark a business opportunity. (5) Organized and goal-oriented - An entrepreneur knows the value of organization in a business endeavor. A good entrepreneur has the ability to consolidate resources. (6) Visionary - An entrepreneur has a vision for his/her future. (7) Risk-taking and Tolerance for Failure - A good entrepreneur realizes that loss and failure are inherent in any business endeavor. Thus, an entrepreneur must always be ready to make calculated risks and face whatever consequences accompany those risks. As in all fields of endeavor, the characteristic of a successful entrepreneur is in never giving up and in picking up the pieces and continuing the journey even if failure momentarily obstructs the way. (8) Perseverance and Hard Work - These are perhaps two of the most important entrepreneurial traits. (9) Commitment - An entrepreneur will not achieve success if he/she gives up at the first sign of trouble. (10) Honesty and Honor - Another very important mark of a good entrepreneur is being honest and honorable in all business dealings and interpersonal relationships - whether it is between business partners, employees, peers or investors.
If you possess these traits, you may have the necessary skill set to become a successful entrepreneur.