Entrepreneurs – Want To Start A Business But Not Sure What Type?
Many entrepreneurs get that itch to start a new business, either because they are fed up being “wage slaves” or they like the freedom that working for yourself can bring. Some even think that they will be richer or have more spare time. Many are not sure what kind of business they want.
First of all – never start a new business because you want more money or more time. Starting a new business takes both lots of time and most, if not all, of your money.
Secondly don’t fall into the trap of starting a business just for the sake of it. Make sure that someone wants what you are aiming to sell! Your fruit cakes, tattoos or begonias may be the best in the area but if no one wants them – then you are going to be going bust very soon.
So how do you find out what kind of things you are going to sell?
1) Look at the type of area that you want to set up your business. A majority of aged clients is not going to be keen to have tattoos but might love your cakes!
2) Look at the other businesses selling in your area. Whilst it is sometimes good to group some businesses together such as car sales – make sure there is enough people left who may buy from you. Similarly if there is a successful company that is not coping – maybe you can inherit some of their clients?
3) Look for gaps in the market. Are their complimentary businesses close by who you can join in with to share customers? Is the market just crying out for a particular product of service.
4) Most importantly go and ask people. Give talks at clubs about your subject and see what kind of reception you get. Hold a competition for the best ideas etc.
Good luck in obtaining a firm foundation for your new business.
Are you intrigued by the possibility of being your own boss and starting a business but not sure you have the right qualifications to be an entrepreneur? What are the characteristics of an entrepreneur? Although there is no single perfect entrepreneurial profile, there are many characteristics that show up repeatedly in successful business owners.
Following are the top 10 essential entrepreneurial traits that anyone who is interested in starting a business must possess:
- (1) Independence - This is the most common denominator of all entrepreneurs. They want to seize control of their future; thus they decide to become their own boss instead of laboring under the gaze of a master. (2) Persistence and Determination - The world of entrepreneurship is fraught with both success and failure. An important quality of a successful entrepreneur is the doggedness to continue pursuing a goal despite some setbacks and obstacles they may encounter on the road. This persistence and determination is fueled by a burning desire to achieve the goal of succeeding in the chosen field of business. (3) Self-Confidence - Along with independence, an entrepreneur possesses self-confidence. They believe in their capabilities and makes sure that they will put in their best effort into their particular endeavors and likewise expect the best results from it. Belief in one's capabilities is very important in achieving any goal - especially in the world of entrepreneurship. (4) Creativity - In the business world, you can not afford to be complacent and uncreative unless you want the competition to move up on ahead of you. Creative people are naturally curious, inquisitive, bright and highly flexible when thinking. They keenly observe their environment and have an eye for spotting new trends that could spark a business opportunity. (5) Organized and goal-oriented - An entrepreneur knows the value of organization in a business endeavor. A good entrepreneur has the ability to consolidate resources. (6) Visionary - An entrepreneur has a vision for his/her future. (7) Risk-taking and Tolerance for Failure - A good entrepreneur realizes that loss and failure are inherent in any business endeavor. Thus, an entrepreneur must always be ready to make calculated risks and face whatever consequences accompany those risks. As in all fields of endeavor, the characteristic of a successful entrepreneur is in never giving up and in picking up the pieces and continuing the journey even if failure momentarily obstructs the way. (8) Perseverance and Hard Work - These are perhaps two of the most important entrepreneurial traits. (9) Commitment - An entrepreneur will not achieve success if he/she gives up at the first sign of trouble. (10) Honesty and Honor - Another very important mark of a good entrepreneur is being honest and honorable in all business dealings and interpersonal relationships - whether it is between business partners, employees, peers or investors.
If you possess these traits, you may have the necessary skill set to become a successful entrepreneur.
The 6 Essential Traits Of Successful Entrepreneurs
Real estate investment takes motivation, drive and ambition on your part if you want to see your hard work turn into a huge profit. If you, yourself don't have the enthusiasm, chances are, your real estate investment days won't last long or make you much money. But, if you do, the possibilities are endless and so is your financial gain.
So, don't trust that just the location of the property is going to be enough to make you the money you've been dreaming of. You need to make sure you spend the time to find an agent that is excited and motivated to sell homes and that knows how to make you both a lot of money.
Think about it this way: if you hire a real estate investment agent that talks down about a property or location instead of highlighting its potential or good points, how quickly do you think it's going to sell? So, make sure your agent is positive and has your best interests in mind. Also, don't be afraid to bargain, negotiate or try to make deals with your real estate investment agent because you never know what someone will accept. It's always better to try than to always wonder how much you could have saved.
If you're thinking about getting into the type of real estate investment that involves fixer uppers, be careful. Think long and hard before setting yourself up for this kind of project because it is time consuming and sometimes costly. You have to make sure that your costs in this type of real estate investment will ultimately be minimal compared to your gains.
With any venture or business where there can be great financial gain, there is risk. Real estate investment isn't any sure thing. It can be a way to help you and your family have the lifestyle and kind of life you've always wanted. Don't be afraid to take the risk if you're visionary and can see the big picture.
Real estate investment can be the vehicle that makes you a millionaire or, at the very least, allow you to live comfortably. So, take the time to hire the real estate investing agent that knows what he/she is doing and is a knowledgeable and savvy salesperson. You potentially can and will earn quite a profit in real estate investing ventures; you just have to make pragmatic, well-thought decisions before you begin.
Harold D. Swannson has created a Investment Resourceful Information site
Find Hot Investment
Entrepreneurs - Clear a Path For Your Spouse If You Want to Be on the Same Page
How many new products and inventions can you dream up with in thirty minutes? At least a few if you know the techniques of innovation and creative problem solving. The following are thirty minute's worth, with some notes at how they were arrived at.
New Products and Inventions From Old
A fast way to invent new things is to start with existing concepts and find new applications. With the concept of inflatable things, the first thing that comes to my mind is inflatable shelters for emergency situations, such as after earthquakes or hurricanes. Such shelters could be transported easily, and erected quickly with a simple air pump. A basic large tent design, but with inflatable ribs instead of poles might work.
We can always find new products and inventions for babies. Inflatable cribs or playpens come to mind. Deflated, they could be folded up and stored almost anywhere. A simple design for a playpen might be a plastic floor with a simple wall that surrounds it and is attached to it. Think of air mattresses for swimming, set on their sides, connected end to end and wrapped into a circle and you'll get the idea.
When we used to go "tubing" down rivers in Michigan, we were forever trying new ways to carry a cooler with us while keeping it convenient to get a soda or beer out of it. A solution could be an inflatable bar. It might have a cooler built into it, have can and glass holders, and maybe even a secure place to set snacks. It could be used in a pool, lake or river.
Many people drive into water and die each year. One solution to this problem might be inflatable flotation that is activated when the car begins to sink. They would quickly inflate in an accident involving submersion, and would keep the car afloat. Put one in the trunk, and another inside the car, or have them come out from the wheel wells. To avoid accidental inflation, the triggering device would be activated by water, but be in a place where rain and car washing water couldn't reach.
Vending Machine Products and Inventions
When I considered the concept of vending machines, the first thing that came to mind was a beer machine. It could only be used in a bar that was restricted to adults, of course. A big benefit is that it would lessen the need for bartenders, since half of all the drinks sold in a bar are just simple beers. It is an innovation that could be implemented tomorrow, using beer in cans in existing pop machines.
A vending machine for books and magazines might do decent business in an airport, bus station or other places where people are forced to sit for hours. They may already exist, but I haven't seen them yet. Add some padding to the drop chute, and existing snack vending machines could be used.
They sell phone cards everywhere now, but I haven't yet seen them in vending machines. You could also sell those collapsible umbrellas from a machine. There are dozens of other things that could be profitably sold from vending machines. Use simple techniques like this extension of existing concepts, and there are also thousands of other new products and inventions waiting to be made.
- Successful Entrepreneurs In South Africa Recommended
- South African Entrepreneurs List
- Business Ideas In South Africa Rating
- Small Business Opportunities In South Africa Easy
- Small Business Ideas In South Africa Tip
- A Successful South African Entrepreneur Pretoria
- Entrepreneurship In South Africa 2016 List
- Sa Entrepreneurs Popular
- Small Business Ideas Gauteng
- South African Entrepreneurs Success Stories Reviews
- State Of Entrepreneurship In South Africa Ratings
- Best Entrepreneurs In South Africa Guide
- Top 10 Entrepreneurs In South Africa Tip
- Famous Entrepreneurs Tip
- Entrepreneur Magazine South Africa Gauteng